The complete guide to owning a horse or pony
Av Carolyn Henderson
The Horse Manual helps you understand the what, why and how of horses: what they are, why they're so special, and how to understand and care for them.
You might read it because you or someone else in your family is learning to ride, or you're thinking of buying a horse or helping to look after one. Alternatively, you might simply want to find out why horses are so fascinating!
You can never stop learning about horses, but by the time you get to the end of the Horse Manual, you'll have a basis of knowledge on which to build. It gives in-depth but easy-to-read guidance on all aspects of horses and horse care. It covers everything from different breeds and their characteristics to horse psychology, field and stable management, equipment, feeding, grooming and health.
The Horse Manual combines practical horsemanship with the latest scientific research and is illustrated with a huge range of colour photographs, including many step-by-step sequences.
Whether you are learning to ride, are a novice horse owner or a parent with a pony-mad child, the Horse Manual will give you the detailed information you need.
Innehåller bland annat:
- Understanding a horse: breeds, colours and markings, conformation and movement, how a horse thinks and how to think like a horse.
- Caring for a horse: fields and fencing, stables and shelters, bedding, feeding, farriery, grooming, bathing, clipping; shaping manes and tails.
- Health and first aid: preventive care, common conditions and emergencies, mental health.
- Tack and equipment: saddles and saddle fitting, bridles, bits and nosebands, protective boots and bandages, rugs
- Buying a horse: finding your perfect partner and building a perfect relationship.
Om författaren: Carolyn Henderson has owned, ridden and competed on horses and ponies for many years, and has written many books on the subject. She is also a regular contributor to top-selling equestrian magazines.
Vill du köpa en reparationshandbok?
Bok NR: H4692